Sunday, September 18, 2011

[ f o r t y ]

My due date has come and gone. I am still cradling my sweet bambino in my womb instead of my arms.

40weeks

Yesterday was quite an emotional day for me. I know Chickadee will be here when s/he is ready. I know that my due date was an estimate, but it was still hard to have that day come and go without a baby.

For the past two months I've been experiencing prodromal labor. I've never had this happen with the boys' pregnancies. It.is.no.fun. At one point contractions were 3 minutes apart lasting 30 seconds. And just recently (like September 16th, recently!) they were 4-5minutes apart lasting 50 seconds, these contractions lasts for hours, sometimes even all.day.long. I was sure baby was coming... And, like always, they stop.

40weeks

I'm feeling so thankful for Dom lately. He's been understanding of my endless whining over swollen feet/hands/face, sciatic pain, wanting baby, etc. and he's provided the best comic relief when needed. Nothing helps to get a whiny/emotional pregnant mama in a better mood like laughter. Plus I realize how tricky his job is. There is a fine line between getting me to laugh, and making me cry ;p. Thankfully, for him, it's been all laughs.

Hopefully I'll be back soon to blog about my beautiful homebirth :0)

-Jaz

No comments: