Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And he has a name!

Giuseppe Alexander! We had decided on this name a little after Vincenzio was born. One of Dom's co-workers got pregnant and he asked me to look through my old emails for the baby names he found(his co-worker is also Italian, and wanted an Italian name.). When going through them Dom was really pushing for Giovanni, Giancarlo, and Giuseppe. I said no to them all. I wanted to name our son Anthony, but there are already 3 Anthony's in his family. All in all we ended up falling in love with Vincenzio. After looking through this list again we decided our next son will be name Giuseppe... and then I got pregnant. Then Dom wanted to change the name and we were now back to Giovanni, Giancarlo, and Giuseppe. Dom changed his mind about Giuseppe. He couldn't find a nickname for it, and didn't want people calling him Joe or Joesph(BTW Giuseppe is Joseph in English). Plus a few people told him it sounded too close to Geppetto from Pinocchio. Ok. I said no to Giovanni. I didn't want people calling him "Gio", and it's a very popular name. That left us with Giancarlo, and I honestly thought that was going to be it! Dom loved it because it sounded like a "cool Mafia name" (Yeah because every mother dreams of her son getting into the Mafia.), but there was one draw back... the nick name. Dom loved the nickname Carlo, but thought it was too close to Carlos so that was scratched out.

Back to Giuseppe we went. We figured we didn't care if other people thought it was too close to Geppetto oh well, and today we looked up all the nicknames for Giuseppe. There are a lot of cute ones, like: Peppe, Peppino, Peppone, etc. “-ino” meaning little, “-one” meaning big, Pino, Pinuccio (pee-NEW-choh), and Bepo... I like Peppino because I call Vinny my "Bambino Vincenzio" lol.

Also while searching the internet on one site they had a list of " The Brothers of Giuseppe", and Vincenzo was on the list. I say it's a sign! :D



No comments: