.jpg)
I awoke from a night of mild cramps which I brushed off to be from an upset tummy. I went about my day trying to not complain about them much, for it was Domenick's birthday. Later that evening we went to dinner with Dom's family. On that night Susan gifted me a book titled " On the Night You Were Born". When we got home I still felt hungry so I ate some more. Dom and our roommate(his friend from 3rd grade) were in a deep discussion about something. As I laid on the floor eating my ice cream I began to notice my belly aches were coming in a pattern. I excused myself in the room, there I sat timing each of them. They were 5 minutes apart! I began to get giddy, but did not tell Dom as I wanted to labor at home as long as possible. About 30min-1hour Dom came into the room; that is when I told him I thought I was in labor. Soon after they went from belly aches to " I got to get in the tub!".

Four hours later I was holding my sweet Vincenzio Anthony in my arms!
.jpg)
On the night you were born,
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered
"Life will never be the same."
Because there had never been anyone like you...
ever in the world.-
On the Night You Were Born
By: Nancy Tillman
Oh my dearest Vincenzio. You've grown into quite the little toddler.
There are so many things I love about you that I hope to always remember.
Like the way you pat my back when giving me a hug.
When you tell me " No cry mama" in the most caring voice, whenever you see me cry.
The sound of your voice when you get really excited about something. It's a cross between a laugh and an asthma attack! I hope to catch it on film one day!
You're such a great story teller... even if it's sometimes about a pirate jumping up high into the stars and pooping.I love the beautiful dimples in your smile. They make me swoon every time I see them.
That you love to sing. Oh how I love to listen to you sing.
I look forward to learning new things to love about you into the next year!
Keep learning and growing, my love.
You're doing a wonderful job!

1 comment:
so sweet! made me teary!
Post a Comment