Monday, March 28, 2011

A family Day

The weekend before last we decided to take a family trip to Prescott. We were going to visit the Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary and The Spot... A Childrens Museum.

That morning started out with Dom making a last minute run to the store to pick up some essentials, me throwing up(yay!), packing, and getting grouchy kids ready.

When we got there Vincenzio was very excited to see all the animals. We don't really do Zoos. Most of the animals look so sad, and I don't really like one of the local zoos. For the amount they charge, their animals aren't treated very well. (end mini rant.). Since The Heritage Park is a sanctuary, most of the animals wouldn't be able to survive in the wild, so it made me feel a bit better about giving them money to help support their "cause".


The boys loved the place. We saw lots of different animals. Birds, tortoises, snakes, bugs, tarantulas, a big black bear, bunnies, wolves, a fox, etc.!


The boys loved it!

Soon after we left to go get something to eat. That didn't go so well. I had to cancel my order, neither Vinny or Giuseppe ate their meal, I threw up, and we left!

We got lost trying to find the childrens museum. Dom had us going into some woodland area! It was scary, like a scene from a horror film!

We finally found the "museum", a little shop front in the local mall... I don't know, maybe it's because when I think childrens museum I actually think of a big building with lots of things for children to do, learn, and explore. It was cheap, and the kids had fun. So I guess it wasn't too bad.


It was a great trip. It was great to get out of the house and do things together as a family.

-Jazmin

1 comment:

Amy said...

How much fun! You have such a beautiful family I'm glad to hear you got to spend some quality time together