* I know I was suppose to be catching up on all that was happening. But this seems to be a bit more exciting ;) *
It all started around noon on December 11th. Vinny and I had a play date with our play group at " Imagination Ave. " . Vinny was running around playing with his friend Kaleb, and I was sitting and chatting with Laura. I began to get hungry bur ignored it. Then about an hour into the play date I started to feel ill and I started to have a few sporadic contractions. Well you can't bring outside food into the place and the place was under new ownership so they didn't have a big selection for things to eat. So I decided to purchase a small bag of pretzels. It didn't really help but I didn't want to leave as Vinny was having so much fun. I just dealt with the contractions and tried to enjoy the rest of the play date. Haha I remember getting a text message from Domenick asking me if I would please go into labor this weekend so he wouldn't have to go into work on Monday. I told him I'd ask his son and we shall see.
We got home from the play date(We ended up leaving a bit early because Vinny through a MONSTER tantrum because he wanted a juice box. Even though he had the same juice in his sippy cup!) I picked up a few things around the house, changed Vincenzio's diaper, and then decided to lay down with Vincenzio for a much needed late nap. We ended up getting up around 5pm. I started thawing the chicken for dinner, I peeled potatoes(With help from Vinny), preheated the oven for biscuits, and prepared the asparagus. I guess I must have instinctively known I was going to need a big meal for the night ahead.
Fridays are family movie night. So after dinner(around7pm) we all sat down to watch a movie. We decided on " The Polar Express" because Vinny really loves trains and it is a Christmas movie. I was having contractions 5minutes apart lasting for 1minute all throughout the movie. After the movie was over I told Dom not to get his hopes up, but I was going to email Connie(the midwife) because I have been having contractions throughout the movie. I emailed her asking for her number( I had accidentally put in the wrong number in my phone and lost the card with her cell number!). She emailed me back and said to text her if they were still coming. I texted her that they were still coming and that I took a warm bath with Vinny and nothing changed. And that I was going to try and get some rest just in case I had a long night/day ahead of me. She told me to let her know when I thought they(her and Robin) should come by. I then texted the doula(Nicole). And then I texted Laura to let her know the moms movie night I was suppose to be hoisting Sunday evening might have to be canceled.
I picked up a few more things. Charged the camcorder and the second pair of batteries for my external flash. I got my camera out and prepared so that anyone could grab it and take photos. I also cleaned the bathrooms. Why? I have no idea they weren't really dirty loll. Then I got Vincenzio ready for bed. Domenick read him a few books then laid him in his bed. I tried to sleep. I laid there for a bit but the contractions were still still coming and it didn't fee comfortable to lay down.
I got up and started laundry, took a few snaps of my belly, dealing with contractions, and you know being in denial about it actuating being "it".
(belly during a contraction)Around 1am the contractions were getting pretty intense. I talked to Brittany and she said it sounded like I was in transition. I had had 3contractions 2minutes apart by then. I texted Connie and told her that they were 2minutes apart and that I was getting in the bath. I called Nicole and left her a message. Then I woke Dom up and told him this might definitely be it, and asked him to help me get everything set up. I grabbed Vinny and put him in the guest room/office. Then I went and started a bath. I needed to be in the water! Dom was setting up all the room for the birth, aired the pool up a bit(it was already pumped up but it had gone down a bit since), and started filling it with water.
I got out of the tub. It was too tiny for me. I went into the room to check on Domenicks progress. I decided to get into the pool then. As soon as I stepped in a contraction came, and so did Connie! She entered the room right after it ended. I could have sworn now that she was there my contractions would stop loll. She asked me how far apart they were. I told her I think 2minutes. She asked how long they were lasting. I told her I had no idea. I had a few good strong contractions. I was feeling a LOT of pressure. I wasn't liking that at all.
Nicole ended up calling me back and asked me where I thought I was. I told her I had no idea and that I would call her right back. I then asked Connie if she would check for dilation. I was still in denial about being in actual labor. Although the contractions were painful I could still kinda talk through them. So I was a bit unsure. And curious to see where I was. She checked and I was 3cm, 70% effaced, Guiseppe was still high, and my waters were bulging(hence the intense pressure I was feeling). I got back into the birthing pool and called the doula. Told her to head on over. I was still unsure it was "it", but I was in pain and wanted all the help and support I could get.
A bit after the hot water ran out! Domenick put pots on the stove and started warming up water to dump in the pool. I decided after a few trips to tell him to stop and rest until the hot water was back. I got out and thought I would try out the birthing ball. I did NOT like it. I asked Domenick to put a movie on for all of us. We decided on " Gone With the Wind". Domenick said " You probably won't like it because it's slow" and he was right. I had to use the restroom, and man I don't know who says that being on the pot is comfy during contractions. But they are a liar! I got out and went back into the living room to try out the birthing ball again. Still didn't like it. Tried all fours. Didn't like it. Then I leaned over Domenick's speaker and that was ok. I began to sway and moan during the contractions(With Connie encouraging me during them all) and rest between them. I was exhausted so I went to go labor on the bed. It was not comfortable. Even though the bed inclines and I was leaning over it. It wasn't helping. I tried laboring on my side. HATED that!!! I decided I needed back into the water!
I got back into the water and things were really hurting. I was still feeling a lot of pressure. Nicole showed up a bit after. This is where things start to get a bit fuzzy lol. Dom kept coming in and out with warm water for the birth pool. It felt amazing. During some of his trips I was in the middle of a contraction and it felt great to have the new warm water being poured into the pool.
Gosh all I really remember is very intense pressure. Which made getting comfortable really hard. I couldn't find a position that I liked. I ended up just kinda squatting. Yes it hurt, but hey it's labor! Still lots of pressure. I remember Robin getting there at some point. After that the contractions started getting very strong! I began to moan really loud. Everyone kept telling me how great I was doing. Which was great! I really needed to hear it. Awhile later Domenick came in in the middle of a contraction sand said the hot water was out again. I almost began to cry. I started shaking my head and saying " no no no no no no no". He then put post back on the stove! loll.
My back began to hurt really bad. During a contraction Connie added pressure while the Nicole poured water on my back! That felt great. After that I kept having the Nicole put pressure on my back during a contraction it really helped. I also asked her to pour warm water on my back afterward. She also gave me a massage after one of the contractions. She was really amazing. Dom then sat on the bed and pretty much just observed. I could tell he was scared. I went over to him after a contraction. I held his hand and just rested my head on the side of the pool.

I started to feel the urge to push, but I resisted. It hurt to push and it didn't really help relieve the pressure.Then a big contraction hit. Nicole applied pressure. I asked Giuseppe to help me get through it(well in my head. I talked to him a lot during the labor in my head loll). Then right after that contraction was over I started to feel another one come. I started to cry "no no no no no". Then as it began I cried out for Connie who was in front of me. I told her I couldn't do it anymore. It hurt too bad. She(and everyone else) kept assuring me I was doing great and reminded me to breath(I started to tense up really bad). Focusing on Connie really helped me during the contraction. During that contraction my body began to push on its own. I couldn't hold the urge anymore. I told Connie I was pushing. Then that my water broke. Then that his head was crowing. Seriously that's how it went. Right after I said one thing the next happened like that. It was amazing.
I leaned back to support myself, and began to push. I remember saying " it burns it burns it burns" and man did it burn! His head was out. I don't remember how many pushes really. Maybe 2. I kept my hand on his head and just kept feeling him. I remember leaning back and telling Dom " Our son is here he's coming". It was wonderful. I couldn't stop smiling(well besides when I was pushing loll). Even though his head was out I still felt the burning. Another contraction came I think I pushed another two or three times and he was out! Connie immediately handed him to me. It was great! I was relieved he was finally here! I don't really know what time. Dom said he remembers looking at the clock and it read 4am. I was in shock. I was really prepared to go over my estimated due date!
.:"He's here, our son is coming":.


.:I did it!!!:.

After he was out Domenick woke Vinny up and brought him into the bedroom. A few minutes later I started having contractions again. I was upset. I just wanted to enjoy my new baby. It was hard to deal with the contractions and hold him. I didn't feel like pushing so I just tried to get through them. Then after a few I asked for someone to take the baby. Connie informed me that the cord was too short. And asked if I wanted it to be cut. I said no. Then after another contraction I felt pushy so I asked if she could lean over and hold him. Robin asked me if I could feel how far the cord went. I told her it was pretty far up there. Then I think Connie told the placenta had finally detached after that. I asked if Giuseppe's cord was done pulsing. She said yes. I looked at Dom and asked if he wanted to cut the cord. He said yes. And cut the cord. I then handed the baby off to him. And concentrated on getting the placenta out.
.:Meeting his little brother:.


.:cutting the cord:.


.:holding his baby for the first time:.

After the placenta was out. I got onto the bed. I just sat there and cuddled my baby for about an hour. Then I got up to use the bathroom and get dressed. The midwives looked Giuseppe over. He weighed 9lbs and 13oz and is 20inches long!
.:Taking in the new baby:.

.:Connie, Giuseppe, and I:.

.:Robin checking out Giuseppe:.


.:Robin made that cute little hat for him:.

.:Weighing Giuseppe:.

.:The birth team:.
*Nicole(doula), Myself, Giuseppe, Connie(midwife), and Robin(midwife)*

Oh and no tears!!!
He is nursing like a champ now! We're both doing great. I feel great. I'm beyond happy with how everything went.
I've fallen in love all over again :D!!!



5 comments:
Wow! Congratulations :) I loved your story and the photos are awesome. What an incredible experience. What a beautiful baby boy.
Thank you! I hope your experience is just as wonderful when your time comes :D!
Beautiful birth story. Beautiful baby. Beautiful Mother. Beautiful birth attendants. Congratulations to all of you. Blessings~
Kari Pike
Giuseppe's birth was absolutely beautiful and Jazmin you were an incredible and beautiful birthing mama. I feel blessed everyday to have been a part of your journey and my heart is filled with the fabulous memories.
Awe you are so freaking beautiful as a mother! I can't believe how strong and amazing you looked.
Post a Comment